Wednesday 5 November 2014

09/ INKLING FOR COATS


When I start reading about snow, I suppose it's officially winter. While I'm definitely not jealous of that winter weather,  the lack of cold weather where I live doesn't mean I'm not drooling over the amazing coats available right now - especially when they're simplistic, long and camel coloured!


I decided to experiment a bit with this drawing after watching a few youtube videos about ink and how it's used in more traditional illustration.

I had never used ink and gouache together in a fashion illustration before, as the ink I had was primarily used for silk screening. After looking at the videos, I was excited about the permanency of the ink - the idea of being able to ink a drawing, erase all the pencil marks and then paint over without the black lines spreading was fascinating. 

Personally, I love the results. It's going to take a while for me to adjust to and perfect outlining with a brush, versus a marker, but I'm definitely excited to experiment more with ink!



No comments:

Post a Comment