Friday 12 September 2014

06/ BACK TO... LIFE?


I've delayed this post for well over a week, just because I had no idea what to write with this illustration. Then I got distracted by New York Fashion Week, and finding a suitable outfit for an upcoming event that's kind of a big deal (more on these topics later).

Anyway, I drew this croqui a while ago, just because I loved how my short overalls looked paired with a sheer white shirt. Overalls are back in fashion, along with the whole backpack trend - which I could probably write a (positive) book about. So, it seems like fashion trends are made for 'back to school' this year. Too bad I'm not headed back to school, funny how that 'too bad' only shows up after you've left the safe, creative environment of school.



I've also just realized that this is the first illustration drawn fully based on actual items of clothing in own. So, I guess this is a "how to wear" overalls according to polycotton-blnd / outfit of the day post... how trendy of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment