Saturday 11 October 2014

08/ BLNDBOARD


If that last post wasn't enough inspiration for you, check out poly-cottonblnd's BLNDBOARD

It's a digital inspiration board / mood board / colour board all wrapped into one blog. 

The blog is a curated space where I mostly reblog / post images that I find inspiration in for garments, styling, illustration or just design in general - for my work and poly-cottonBLND. 

In university, I remember one of our assignments was to create a 'fashion bible' of images - mostly magazine clippings or print outs - for different categories which we could refer to easily when we were designing/illustrating for classes. The binders which we filled were huge and heavy to lug about. As well as, I found the assignment annoying - because when you're the type of person who has their beloved magazine organised neatly on a shelf, it's hard to tear pages out and such.

So, the BLNDBOARD blog is an easy alternative because it's digital and I can easily search by tags under which the images are organised - such as "menswear" or "pose" for example - and quickly find what I'm looking for. 

The BLNDBOARD started off more so a resource I created for my person use, especially when I converted poly-cottonBLND's tumblr into a blog for my original posts. 

Its taken a while to move all my inspiration images from polycottonBLND to the BLNDBOARD but I've finally separated the content. 

I find inspiration in the process of the selection and organisation of content for the BLNDBOARD and I hope others find inspiration in the BLNDBOARD as well. Check it out here - blndboard.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment