Friday 17 October 2014

COLLECTION / NYFW SS 2015


New York Fashion Week Spring Summer 2015 /////// Sheer Skirts, Cool Shirts, Long Coats, Wrap Skirts 

Looking through the photos for NYFW, I decided to sum up what I found interesting in a trend type post rather than a post about my favourite collections - mostly because New York isn't my favourite of all the fashion weeks, and because I spotted quite a few interesting things recurring on the runways this season.

Here's what I saw trending:

L-R: Delpozo, Hood by Air, Rosie Assoulin, The Row, (Bottom) J. Crew, 10 Crosby by Derek Lam
COOL SHIRTS /  If I had to choose one garment to wear every day for the rest of my life, it would probably be a shirt, so I was extra excited to see new and interesting takes on the shirt - mostly over sized or draped coolly - trending for 2015. Shirt dresses are already a big trend right now, so I love that the trend is continuing but evolving for the new season.


L-R: Michael Kors, Isa Arfen, Elizabeth and James, Tome, (Bottom) DKNY, Peter Som
SHEER SKIRTS /  Lace, mesh, laser cut or perforated, sheer skirts were all over the runway, or should i say under. I loved that designers played with the idea of styling sheer skirts under longer shirts or jackets, or layered over long shirt dresses. The juxtaposition of opaque and transparent is always visually appealing, but the sheer fabrics are also cool (in a  practical for the hot weather, I mean ha).


L-R: Hellessy, Rosetta Getty, Wes Gordon, Tracy Reese, (Bottom) The Row, Chadwick Bell
LONG COATS /  I find the proportions and drama a long coat creates very appealing, while it may not be appropriate for my little island's hot climate, I know I'll definitely be wishing I was somewhere where I could wear one. A long, almost floor grazing, coat is the perfect simplistic statement piece, fashion forward but functional!
 
 
L-R: Rosetta Getty, BCBG, Peter Som, Dion Lee, (Bottom) Chadwick Bell, The Row
WRAP SKIRTS /  The idea of a wrap skirt is one that could work with every body type - adjustable, layered and interesting enough to be fashionable every time. A wrap skirt is also a piece that works for any occasion from work to play, I think it's a wardrobe staple, and am glad to see it popping up in every fabric possible for 2015.

 

 Photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment