Monday 4 August 2014

03/ PINEAPPLE HEAD


For some reason pineapples are a huge trend these days. Anyone else notice this? I'm not sure how or why this trend started, all I know is that pineapples have been popping up everywhere lately.

I remember a while back looking at Young & Sick's Instagram where he had these weekly #pineapplesaturday drawings of pineapples, which I thought it were quirky and random, much like the rest of his work. Then I had a good laugh as I saw pineapples scattered around his Coachella stage. So, I wasn't really surprised when I read an interview that said he just likes pineapples. 

I was surprised though, at how quickly an abundance of pineapples started popping up after that - in every magazine and on every website. I couldn't go far without seeing a pineapple.. clothing, jewellery, sculptures, photos, in album artwork.. I almost lost it when I got a pineapple candy instead of a mint at a restaurant.

People are just crazy about pineapples. Personally, if we're talking taste, I'm not much of a fan. However, I couldn't resist drawing a quirky pineapple inspired croqui... the pineapple influence is clearly a strong one.

No comments:

Post a Comment