Tuesday 19 August 2014

COLLECTION/ GIAMBATTISTA VALLI COUTURE FALL '14



Beauty, ease and sophistication - combined.
That's how I would describe Giambattista Valli's Fall 2014 Couture collection. It was by far one my of my favourite couture shows.
My love for a good shirt and cape could be what draws me to this collection, but a sense of 'fashionable ease' in clothing is something which I always strive for in my own designs and am very much attracted to. Which is exactly what Giambattista Valli's collection has. There was a lot happening - structured jackets and capes, draping, floral embellishments, stripes, metal accessories, it is a couture collection after all...  but the models looked as they were effortlessly strolling around in their pyjamas, in the most sophisticated way possible.

Check out my favourite looks and details from the collection above and stay tuned for a way overdue illustration from the collection!

P.S. I would definitely recommend reading Tim Blanks' review on style.com, the narrative he creates is so on point -  a wonderful way to describe this collection!

Photos via style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment